At VIP, we have performed nose surgery on many people other than those of Asian descent. Our doctors enhance the symmetry, shape, balance and improve the nasal function of a patient without altering their ethnic characteristics. There are different types of Ethnic Rhinoplasties: Asian Rhinoplasty, Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty, African American Rhinoplasty, Western Caucasian and Hispanic Rhinoplasty.
Each ethnicity is different. We will talk about the intricacies of Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty in this post.
Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty Overview
Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty is nose surgery that is performed on people originating from Middle Eastern countries. These countries include but are not limited to Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Turkey etc. It is vital to have a surgeon who has experience with this ethnicity due to the special features of these patients.
Dr. Lee has performed surgery on many Middle Eastern patients and is very strict to preserve the beautiful qualities of their ethnicity. Therefore, he creates a customized surgical plan for Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty. This plan has two parts: functional and aesthetic. He reduces and reshapes certain parts of the nose as well as correcting functional issues.
Important Facts To Know About Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty
- The most unique features of the Middle Eastern nose are a big nasal hump, a droopy tip, a large nose that hangs downward, thick skin and bad nasal tip support. The big nasal hump on the bridge makes the nasal bridge look prominent and masculine. As a result, many Middle Eastern patients request the reduction of the nasal hump on the bridge. Middle Eastern patients also request a more defined tip. This is because Middle Easterners have long noses and droopy tips. The main goals of this rhinoplasty are to improve the hump and droopiness and to make a smooth nose line.
- A doctor usually utilizes septal cartilage or rib cartilage for Middle Eastern noses. It is very rare for a doctor to use a foreign implant because of the prevalence of septal cartilage. A doctor uses it to correct the septal deviation and to create a harmonized nose.
- Since a Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty is complex, it does require an experienced and highly skilled rhinoplasty surgeon. When researching for a rhinoplasty surgeon, these are the things to look for:
- Board Certification – Board certification is extremely important. It shows you that the doctor has been rigorously tested and educated. Dr. Lee holds board-certification is recognized by the Korean Society of Plastic Surgeons (KSPS), Korean Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (KSAPS), American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and other notable boards.
- Extensive Experience in Ethnic Rhinoplasty – A surgeon must have performed ethnic rhinoplasty extensively. Make sure to ask for before and after pictures of ethnic rhinoplasty patients. Basically, you should see patients who look like you.
- Educator – Dr. Lee is world famous as a rhinoplasty surgeon. He has spoken about advanced rhinoplasty techniques at many international seminars.
Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty – Before And After
To find out more about this surgery, contact us!