People notice your eyes first. As you age, you can start to accumulate excess skin underneath the eyes. Eyebags give an “exhausted” appearance to the eyes and make a person look older than their age. Even though eyebags can be pronounced, there is a possibility to get rid of them through eye bag removal surgery. Eye bag removal surgery removes puffiness and droopiness from underneath your eyes. It will restore your youthfulness.
In this post, we will tell you everything you need to know about eye bags and eye bag removal surgery.
EYE BAG REMOVAL SURGERY: THE 411
WHAT ARE EYE BAGS?
Eyebags are an accumulation of fatty deposits or fluid that forms underneath the eyes. Because of aging, the muscles and tissues under the eyes weaken which causes fat to move into the lower eyelid area and look like a bag. In addition, this fluid can build up in this area which causes swelling. Consequently, the excess skin in this area begins to sag. Besides aging, eye bags can form due to stress, lack of sleep, hormone levels, genetics, allergies etc.
WHAT CAUSES EYE BAGS?
As mentioned above, there are a few factors that can cause eye bags. One of the culprits for eye bag formation is the loss of fatty tissue in the upper cheeks. As one gets older, the fatty tissue in the cheeks breaks down more than the tissue below your eyes. This, of course, causes unevenness which leads to the bulging bags of fat.
The weakening of the orbital membrane is another cause of eye bags. This membrane holds fat under the eyes and, as we age, it loosens. This leads to bulging fat which manifests as eye bags.
In addition to the above causes, some people are more likely to get eye bags due to genetics.
EYE BAG REMOVAL SURGERY PROCEDURE
So you’ve got eye bags, what can you do about them? There are a number of ways to get rid of eye bags. However, the most effective and permanent solution is a blepharoplasty (eye bag removal surgery). Blepharoplasty can be classified into upper eyelid surgery and lower eyelid surgery. In this post, we are discussing lower eyelid surgery.
The goal of blepharoplasty is to repair the eye area so it does not show the signs of aging such as loose skin and wrinkles. If a patient’s eye bags are caused by excess fat under the eyes, the surgeon will remove or reposition that fat. Generally, surgeons prefer to reposition the fat instead of removing it because this prevents a “hollowed out” look.
There are a few different techniques to get rid of eye bags (lower blepharoplasty):
- In traditional blepharoplasty, an incision is made just below the eyelashes. A surgeon will remove approximately 2 mm of skin so that the eye does not look sunken.
- In laser blepharoplasty, a laser is used to remove eye bags. However, a lot of doctors don’t recommend this procedure because of the long surgical time and slow healing process.
- The most popular blepharoplasty procedure is the transconjunctival blepharoplasty. Its popularity is due to the fact that it leaves no visible scars. During the procedure, the surgeon cuts inside the lower lash line and removes or relocates the fat.
The techniques can be performed alone or in combination with others. A skilled surgeon will be able to decide which method is appropriate for you, depending on your age and lower eyelid features. Generally, blepharoplasty procedures take approximately 1.5-hours and don’t require an overnight stay.
VIP LOWER EYELID SURGERY METHOD
At VIP, our lower eyelid surgery has four steps. First, we determine the location of the under-eye bags. Secondly, we remove the under eye tissue and reposition the fat underneath the eyes. Thirdly, we remove the tear gland and ensure that there is no retraction by adding fat. Finally, we create a more youthful and rejuvenated eye area.
For more information about our lower eyelid surgery go here
IDEAL CANDIDATES FOR EYEBAG REMOVAL SURGERY
Who is the ideal candidate for lower eyelid blepharoplasty?
- Patients who appear tired even though they have had enough sleep
- Those who have excess skin and fat under their eyes
- Patients who have dark under-eye circles
- Patients who are relatively healthy with no glaucoma, no thyroid issues, and no blood pressure problems.
Contact us to find out about your eye bag removal surgery options.
Whatsapp / Kakao: +82 10-5059-6626