You’ve made the big decision to get a breast augmentation. You know what size bra you want to wear and how natural you want your breasts to look but you have no idea about anything else. One of the most important factors regarding breast augmentation is which of the breast implant brands are right for you. At VIP, we provide the best breast implants on the market; ones that are natural, soft and have the lowest rupture rates. Here is a comprehensive overview of these breast implants.
Breast Implant Type: Saline vs. Cohesive Gel
Silicone breast implants were the first implants on the market. However, saline implants replaced silicone due to perceived issues that were caused. Presently, the creation of more advanced and safer cohesive gel implants are a reality and these are now the best implants on the market.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both types of implants. The advantages of cohesive gel breast implants are that they generally feel more natural, they ripple less. However, if they rupture, it may be difficult to notice. On the other hand, saline breast implants are less expensive, if they rupture it can be noticed immediately. However, they are firm and ripple easier.
Breast Implant Brands: Allergan, Mentor, Motiva
At VIP, we offer a varied range of implant shapes, sizes, and profiles. As a result, our patients have the choice among what we believe to be the three best implant brands available. Allergan, Mentor, and Motiva are widely used globally. Traditionally, there were two different shapes of breast implants: round and teardrop. Doctors use round shaped breast implants for women who have perfect, symmetrical breasts as these implants create fullness at the upper pole of the breast. They are typically easier for the surgeon to manipulate. Also if the implant rotates, it still retains the round shape.
Teardrop implants are also known as anatomical or Gummy bear breast implants. These are a new type of silicone implant that utilizes a strong cohesive gel that takes the appearance of the natural shape of female breasts. Gummy bear implants have a silicone outer shell. These implants maintain their shape even if trauma happens to the shell.
Gummy bear implants are softer and more natural looking than round implants and are especially good for tuberous breasts and for those with little breast tissue. They are especially beneficial for women who have no cleavage and slight sagging and they have a lower risk of rippling and rupturing. Because of their approval by FDA, they have become very popular.
Pros/Cons of Breast Implant Brands
After a thorough consultation and examination at our clinic, the doctor will tell you which implant he recommends according to the size of your chest cage, your lifestyle, goals, sizing needs etc. However, it is important for you to know the pros and cons of each Breast Implant brand we carry:
Mentor Memory Shape Breast Implants: &Allergan Pros/Cons
Both Mentor & Allergan are manufactured in the USA and have both round and teardrop shaped implants.
- Easier to hold their shape: Due to the fact that these implants are made with cohesive gel, they hold their shape longer. This is different from traditional silicone implants because it is a much thicker consistency.
- Sturdy & Harder to leak: These implants are made with a thick cohesive gel shell and the inner material is so thick that it can’t travel very far, which makes it difficult
- Cost-effective: Can be less expensive than the newer premium Motiva brand.
- They are the second softest implants on the market next to Motiva.
- Round shape implants are a bit wide.
Motiva Breast Implants: Pros/Cons
Motiva breast implants are manufactured in Costa Rica. They are a combination of the traditional teardrop implants without the side effects such as rotation and hardness. They are known as the next generation implants because of
- Flexible in Movement: They move with the body’s natural movement. If a woman stands up her breasts fall in a teardrop shape and when she lies down it looks more rounded.
- Medical-grade silicone implants
- Super Soft: Ultra soft, form-stable filling gel for optimal shape retention and feel.
- State-of-the-art shell design that results in a strong and durable breast implant.
- Motiva Implants are sold in over 60 countries worldwide and have been implanted over 300,000 times. However, they have not yet approved by the FDA but they are presently going through the FDA approval process.
- They are approximately 40% more expensive than Allergan/Mentor.
Ultimately, the decison for which breast implant you will use will be between you and the doctor. Make sure you choose a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with breast augmentation utilizing the best breast implant brands available.
Contact us for more information