Hands down, the most popular body contouring procedure trending right now is the Brazilian Butt Lift. The popularity of this procedure is derived from many pop culture icons like Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj, and some notable Instagram models. Many women want fuller, trimmed and toned buttocks
So, what makes this procedure so popular? And why do many people flock to get it done? Before you decide on getting a BBL, it’s important to know what to expect. Here’s a look behind the scenes ( no pun intended)!
Brazilian Butt Lift Overview
In the past, doctors used butt implants to give their patients a more round and curvy backside. However, butt implants were notorious for unwanted side effects. When a doctor would place silicone in the buttocks the chances of infection or some other side effect would increase. Hence, a newer method of giving a patient a fuller backside was discovered.
The Brazilian Butt Lift avoids the issue of butt implants but the patient gets the benefit of a more full, rounded bottom and defined waist.
Brazilian Butt Lift: The Surgery
The steps of a Brazilian Butt lift are:
- A doctor administers anesthesia to the patient. This can be either twilight (sleep anesthesia or general)
- The surgeon sucks out fat from the body such as abdomen, flanks, thighs, and hips. This is done through liposuction.
- The doctor separates the fat cells via a purification process.
- After the fat has been purified, the doctor injects the fat into the buttocks.
The result of these steps is that the patient has a more curvy, fuller and rounded butt with a smaller waistline and lower back. Above all, it is important to note is that some of the fat, will be reabsorbed into the body, however, the remaining will be permanent.
Brazilian Butt Lift vs. Butt Implants
Why is the BBL preferred over butt implants? :
- It is natural as a doctor utilizes your own fat. This results in a more natural look and softness
- A doctor can create dramatic results: an S-line with the fuller butt, hourglass silhouette.
- There aren’t the side effects that are associated with foreign implants
- There is minimal scarring.
Brazilian Butt Lift: Recovery
Recovery time for a BBL can vary and is very individual. However, most people have a 2 to 3 week recovery period. Bruising, soreness and swelling may be evident. During this time, you are not permitted to sit. Consequently, if a patient sits, it can cause a major problem to the butt lift. Typically, a patient can return to work before the recovery period has ended.
Brazilian Butt Lift: Considerations
Finally, the BBL is a great procedure but one must consider the benefits along with the risks. You should consider the following in regards to this surgery:
- An extremely experienced surgeon who can take your vision of your figure and let you know if your expectations are realistic. Therefore, it’s important to check out the before/after pictures from your doctor
- That there is a possibility of fat reabsorption which can skew your results
- Recovery is very important with this surgery, make sure that you completely follow your doctor’s post-op instructions.
Contact us to book your consultation for a full, rounded backside!
Whatsapp / Kakao: +82 10-5059-6626