There are a number of options available for people who want to correct their eyelids. As a result, double eyelid surgery is performed to change a monolid to a double eyelid. It happens to be the most popular cosmetic surgery in Korea and in other Asian countries. But, even after getting double eyelids, many people want big eyes. Generally, people who have big eyes are seen as attractive, seductive and alluring. However, there is a solution if you want to change your small eyes to big eyes. There are two types of big eyes surgery and here you can find out what is the best option is for you.
Big Eyes Surgery: Definition
Canthoplasty surgery is surgery to reshape your eyelids and to tighten a saggy, drooper lower eyelid. Canthoplasty also opens the eyes. A doctor performs canthoplasty surgery for the following issues:
- Droopy eyelids (ptosis) or deformity that is caused by aging, trauma or disease
- Botched eye surgeries such as lower eyelid surgery with a drooped lower eyelid
- Loose muscles that connect the lower and upper eyelid
- Age issues
A canthoplasty procedure is invasive and can be complex. Only a doctor with significant experience with eyelid surgery should perform these surgeries. The chances of failure with canthoplasty surgery decrease when you have a doctor who has experience. He can combine canthoplasty surgery with other surgeries such as blepharoplasty, brow lift and midface lift.
Big Eyes Surgery: Your Options
The two options for big eyes surgery are lateral canthoplasty and epicanthoplasty. Both lateral canthoplasty and epicanthoplasty address different issues. The combination of the two can create your preferred eye appearance.
Lateral Canthoplasty Facts
- Lateral canthoplasty is also known as outer eyelid surgery. A doctor performs lateral canthoplasty to soften the look of the eyes. Candidates for a lateral canthoplasty are people who have closed, sleepy looking eyes or for people who want more of a cat-like appearance. In addition, it is a good option for people who have an angry look because the outer part of their eyelid is curved upward. In a lateral canthoplasty, a doctor incises the outer corner of the eyelids and repositions it.
- Epicanthoplasty is surgery that shapes the inner corner of the eyes. A doctor performs an epicanthoplasty to make the eyes of the patient bigger. The ideal candidates for this have eyes that appear far apart. For those who have a Mongolian fold, the fold that covers the inner corner of the eye, this surgery is recommended. Patients who have this fold tend to have an angry expression. The epicanthoplasty procedure will correct this angry expression and give the patient a more soft expression.
Big Eyes Surgery: Other Options
A doctor can use canthoplasty surgery to address other issues such as ectropion and entropion. Ectorpion occurs when a person ages as their lower eyelid turns outwards. Other causes are:
- Injury to the eyes
- Drastic and sudden weight loss
Entropion is when the lower eyelid turns inwards. As the lower eyelid turns inward, the eyelashes can cause irritation to the eyes. Some of the causes are:
- Roughening of the inner surface of the eyelids
- Chemical Burns
How to Get your Big Eyes Surgery
Here are the steps to get your big eyes surgery:
- Contact us to set up a consultation. If you aren’t presently in Seoul, we will ask you to fill out a form and explain what your issues are.
- At the consultation, we will thoroughly examine your eyelids and discuss the procedure in depth with you. We will let you know whether you are a good candidate. We will also discuss pre & post-op care. Depending on your issues, we may also recommend combining this surgery with another surgery.
- Book your canthoplasty surgery- Assuming that you are an ideal candidate for this surgery, you are ready to move forward. The actual procedure is relatively quick, approximately 1 to 2 hours.
- Complete recovery varies depending on the patient. Generally, please expect the recovery to be on average 2 to 4 weeks. Your eyelids and eye area may be sore, swollen and bruised.
To take the next step for big, beautiful eyes, contact us!