Before and After Rhinoplasty: Caucasian Nose
Every ethnic groups have their own distinct characteristics of nose shape. Depending on each individuals traits, different rhinoplasty methods are operated. See below for common traits of a Caucasian nose and its before and after cases!
7 Common traits of a Caucasian Nose
Typical Caucasian nose have below common traits:
- High Bridge
- Narrow nose
- Deviated Septum
- Thin skin
- Weak Mid-vault
- Hump nose
- Droopy tip or Over-projected nose
Top considerations to keep in mind when performing Caucasian Rhinoplasty
See below for important aspects to consider in Caucasian nose job:
Correction of septal deviation
- Septal Cartilage, which is inside the nose is a very important part in the nose structure. As it sits right in the middle of the nose, it is very important to correct deviated parts of the cartilage in your rhinoplasty. If the deviation is not corrected, the nose cannot be straight after the surgery. Building a strong base is the key in rhinoplasty.
- Many Caucasians have hump on their bridge, making a curved nasal bridge or irregular nasal bridge. Depending on the condition, osteotomy (reduction of a nasal bone) may be performed. After removal of the hump, the bridge is not very smooth, therefore a single piece of harvested septal cartilage will be located on top of the nose for a smooth bridge. If the patient do not have enough septal cartilage, small thin piece of silicone implant may be placed for the bridge only.
Building strong supportive structure
- It is common for a Caucasian patient to have narrow structure. Nose is located in the middle of the face, and it has a critical role for the facial balance. Building a strong and supportive structure is important for overall facial ratio.
Tip support for droopy nasal tip
- For a fresh sharp look, sharp and projected nose tip is preferred. Strong support on the columella area is required for tip projection.
Caucasian Rhinoplasty Before and After Case 1
Here are before and after pictures of a septal deviation correction and humped nose correction rhinoplasty.
Caucasian Rhinoplasty Before and After Case 2
For more information, visit our website.
Free online consultation available at email@example.com
VIP Plastic Surgery Center, Seoul Korea